MY Media Consumption
Newspapers
Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
I have read newspapers and that was a 1 or 2 years ago.
What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
The front section or the back. I don't have reason but I think important news is in the front.
What sections do you never read, and why?
The sports(football/basketball) section because i'm not that interested in football and basketball. The only time I am interested is during the World cup however I read the sport sections when there's something about boxing or martial art sport. The remember reading about this black boxer. unfortunately I can't remember the name because it was a long time ago.
What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
None, since i don't remeber.
Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
No
Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
No
Magazines
What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly? Why/why not?
None
What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
If I did read magazines, I would read the front because the Interesting news are at the front to hook you in to read it fully.
Television
Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
Before recently I would spend 25 hours a week but now I watch it for 6 hours a week
What device do you use to watch television?
My phone, I have Netflix on it so i just watch shows and movies
What times of day do you usually watch television?
I would say around 7pm or 8pm
What programmes do you like best and why?
I would say Mentalist, Mousetrap, Troll Hunters and Saiki K because they hook you easily for example mentalist the main character is helping the police catch criminals and in doing so trying to find the killer of his wife and child.
Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
Most of the time I watch it alone. But when I do watch with others. My friends decide what we watch.
Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
On demand catch up. Most of the time I use my phone however I use my laptop time to time.
Radio
Do you listen to the radio?
No
If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
Do you listen to podcasts?
yes
If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
The Jubal show.
Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
I don't listen to podcasts every week but the last i did was 2 weeks ago. I spent 2 hours listening to the show.
What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
Most of the time, its in the afternoon
Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
On my Phone
What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
Playing games or exercising.
Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
I don't think so but my mother might and it would be in the afternoon or night since she has work.
Film
What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
Supergirl
What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
Through Netflix i have seen mousetrap, mentalist, troll hunters, squid game, wednesday,
Who else watched the films with you?
No one but at the cinema i watched Super girl with my friends
Who decided what films to watch?
One of my friends decided that we should watch Supergirl
What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
My phone.
Online
How often do you access the internet?
Often, really often
Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
I use mobile data so anywhere
What are the main sites that you access?
Manhwa reading sites or novel reading sites however I rarely read novels. I use Vinted or anything similar to buy jewellery.
What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
Research something that randomly intrigues me for example I want to know more about Abrahamic religions
What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
Primary is my phone. My other device is my laptop.
What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
Snapchat, WhatsApp, pinterest, tiktok, discord. I use Snapchat to talk to my friend who can't use any other platforms to talk. I use WhatsApp to talk to all of my friends. I use tiktok to entertain myself (|Doom scrolling). I use discord to call my friends because discord filters out background sound more easily.
Final section: reflection
How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
I need to read 1 or 2 newspapers weekly. I need to buy and read a magazine weekly. I need to listen to the radio more often and watch podcasts. I need stop using Tiktok so often.
What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I want expand the variety of media I consume for example newspapers, radio and magazines.
List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
The Guardian, The Economist and Nature Documentaries.
Comments
Post a Comment