FILM POSTER ANALYSIS

 

1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?

I think the film is about a man on a mission or he is a wanted criminal because he is portrayed as this big macho tough guy and the sweat on his face shows that he doing an action that requires a lot of energy or he is stressed or anxious. He has yellow lighting around him suggesting that he might be the hero/light in the darkness. The gun (prop) reinforces this idea as a criminal would have gun or he is a government authority which allows him the use of a gun.
The women looks like the antagonist, traitor or love interest because she is the opposite of the protagonist, she has pale smooth skin, formal attire and pretty face however she is smoking suggesting that she is really stressed out. I believe she might be cyborg as this is set in the future. We see the futuristic building from above and a flying car.
I story is about going against a futuristic government or being chased by one.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
sci-fi because it is set in the future and there is a flying car.
action because the Mc has a gun(prop). neo noir, film noir and femme fatale (female traitor/villain?).
3. who do you think is the target audience?
 I think the target audience are teens and people from 20-30 because young people would find this more appealing due it being action and people being against authority.


1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think the is about a group of friends watching horror movies together(referencing other horror movies). I think there will be supernatural activity as there is a priest and one of the women has freakishly long tongue so she might be a demon or some kind of monster. This film might be a mixture of horror and comedy as the phrase "more shameless" makes is seem their will humorous events.
I think the story is about the group watching horror films and and scenes from those horror films will happen in real life and I think at least 2 of them will die.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think genre is hybrid genre between horror , comedy and drama. fiction because I feel like the priest is foreshowing the summoning of a demon. Also crime because there might be vandalism and murder because their expressions give this feeling of fear but immaturity at the same time (especially the girl in the red shirt).

3. who do you think is the target audience?
 I feel like the target audience are young teens. people from 16 to 26 because of the expressions and horror being popular among young people.

1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think the film is about man traveling on a lonely journey as the protagonist is standing in front of a cold lake/river. The word "UZAK" means distance or remote and this is set in a rural place as there is a factory and not that many buildings also the protagonist is wearing a bag suggesting he is traveling. The grey clouds suggest that something bad might happen so I think the story is about the Mc going back to his hometown or traveling because of some kind of regret.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think it is non-fiction because there is no supernatural signs on the cover. Adventure because the Mc seems to be traveling. mystery because we can't make out much about the Mc as he is covered in fully black clothes.
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are people around 26 to 48because the setting is a dark and cold rural area so young people wouldn't be attracted to it much.
 
1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think this film is about kid finding a hole into a tunnel system and their might be monsters? because the title I'm not scared suggests their is something or someone that is frightening but the child feels no fear. I think story is, one day after school the kid finds a mysterious hole in his back yard or the park and he goes down finding monsters or he is trapped in the hole and the hole is connect to a tunnel system so he loses himself in this maze.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think that it could be non-fiction as their isn't any signs of something supernatural however the picture is taken from inside the tunnel facing the kid so it could the perspective of a creature in the hole looking at the kid so it can be fiction. Adventure because it seems the kid is going face something horrifying as the title suggests the kid is not scared but this might be foreshadowing about the future of the kid after he faces a trial that test his fears. mystery because we have idea what is in the hole.
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are children. people from 8 to 16 because the protagonist is a child.

1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think the story is about a gang/mafia group taking over a city filled with crime however there is a figure under the characters that seem to be the antagonists therefore I think that this black figure is the protagonist who will rid sin from sin city. 
I think the story is going to be the main character losing someone to these criminals and that he wants revenge. I feel like its going to teach about karma as the consequence of your actions will come after you.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think the genre is going to be crime and thriller because the characters have guns(props) and the smaller figure we can't see creates this mysterious atmosphere so another genre would be mystery. Action because it looks like there is going to be guns fights.
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are people around 16 to 36 because there will be gang violence. It seems there might be inappropriate language as due to the word sin.
1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
i think the film is about a pirate searching for treasure because there is a treasure chest in the bottom right of the poster. he meets 2 people during his journey and faces against a ancient squid pirate captain and kraken because the title is talking about pirates and dead man's chest also the there is this squid monster with a pirate hat. also there might be betrayed as i feel like the women might betray the protagonist.
the antagonist seems to be a undead/ghost because the title is "DEAD MAN'S CHEST". The story might be about taking risks is okay because their rewards when you do. This is due the fact the protagonist likely going to fight the Squid pirate captain. The green background color reminds me of spirits or the dead. 
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think the genre is action and adventure because the protagonist has a gun(prop) which is most likely going to use to fight and that he is going to travel the sea to find this treasure. Another genre might be supernatural as there might be ghosts
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are children and teens because idea of adventuring in the sea to get treasure and sense of freedom that comes from being a pirate.

1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think the film is about wedding and the brides parents are prejudice towards the groom because the people from the grooms side and the brides side are opposite in their fashion choices. The brides family seems to be more traditional then the grooms. I think this story is about how even if there is conflict between people love will prevail.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think the genre is comedy, drama, romance because of the title "romantic and funny" and the two people in the middle seem to main characters and that they are in a relationship. Drama because the families will have conflict.
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are people that are in their 20s to 40s because it's a comedy so young people and old will love it.
1. what do you think the film is about and what might the storyline be?
I think the film is about a girl being raised a fighter/athlete and becoming a professional earning a lot of money because the title is million dollar baby and that the girl in middle is shown to be the main character. I feel like she's an athlete because of her back muscles and her stature. The black and white coloring makes is me think that the story is going to be black and white however It could be the polar opposite. The story might be about independence and not letting someone take control of your life.
2. what is the genre(s) do you think the film belongs to?
I think it is sport as the woman seems to be an athlete and drama because of the title "MILLION DOLLAR BABY" suggesting that the person who's a million dollars would be chased? also there might be action because the athlete could be a fighter so she has to fight or run away from something or someone.
3. who do you think is the target audience?
I think the target audience are women and people around 16 to 30 because I feel that this is film is directed that women can go into male dominated industries such as sports and that anyone can achieve their dreams.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Media Consumption